We, the Maui County Coalition for a Tobacco-Free Hawaii, would like to welcome you to join in our efforts to help the community make Maui, Lana`i, and Moloka`i a better place through creating a tobacco-free environment. You’ll find resources here on specific local issues, however you may find more on our main webpage www.tobaccofreehawaii.org
We are a group of vested individuals, some representing larger organizations, mostly focused on eliminating health disparities through health awareness, education and direct services. We are a small coalition but growing! We meet once a month at various locations.
If you’d like join, please email the Maui County Coordinator Sonya Niess – firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Active Members Include:
- Jeny Bissell & Mary Santamaria – Department of Health- Family Health Services & Public Health
- Anna Mayeday – American Cancer Society, American Lung Association
- Celeste Baldwin & Kathleen Hagan – UHMC Nursing Department
- Helen Barrow – Malama I Ke Ola Health Center (Community Clinic of Maui)
- Cassi Yamashita – Maui Economic Opportunity
- Nicole Ripuerto – Na Puuwai Moloka’i
- Valerie Janikowskie – Ke Ala Hou Lana’i
- among many others!